Tuesday 16 September 2014

General Anxiety

Hey guys,

In this update I'll just be talking a bit about my general anxiety towards things and how it can affect my life and everyday tasks. And also a bit about some symptoms of anxiety disorders. 

In the blog before this I spoke a bit about my social anxiety, my triggers, and the affect it's had on my life so far. My social Anxiety only became more noticeable and obvious around the time I was in year 10 at school. Anxiety as a whole however, I've been experiencing since quite a young age. I would say from the age of about 8/9. It started off as separation anxiety, which just seemed to develop, which I will speak more about in another update. But since that age I've been quite an anxious person, with a fair amount of worries and fears. 

The general anxiety I experience can include excessive worrying over a range of things, nervousness, fears that bad things are going to happen etc. it can affect everyday life as it's hard to stop myself from worrying about some things and it can be a real distraction. It can go one of two ways, say for example I'm really nervous about an interview I have coming up. I will either worry excessively and not be able to stop thinking about what could happen and not be able to focus on other things very well, or I will push it out of my head until the last minute, when all of those worries come flooding in, because I'd suppressed them for so long it's almost like it explodes in my head all at once and I almost go into a state of panic.  

Something I worry/think about a lot is the future, as I know many of you do too. Because I'm still unsure of what I'd like to do with my future, especially career wise. It makes me worry and feel like I'm running out of time to make my mind up. I've always been afraid of having to settle somewhere just because of getting comfortable in that one place. It's a fear that once I become comfortable somewhere, even if it's not where I really want to be, that I'd fear leaving it too much and just stay there forever. So it's almost like I'm avoiding making any decisions and going into anything now, so I can avoid that happening and not have to make a decision on it in the future. If that makes any sense at all. Forever just feels like such a permeant, nerve-racking thought that I can't seem to shake.  


Emotional symptoms of Anxiety can include;

~ Constant worries running through your head. 
~ Feeling like your anxiety is uncontrollable; there is nothing you can do to stop the worrying. 
~ Thoughts about things that make you anxious; which you can't avoid thinking of. 
~ Not being able to tolerate uncertainty; you need to know what’s going to happen in the future. 
~ Worrying about worrying and about your fears so much that you can't focus on other things. 

And some Physical symptoms could include;

~ Feeling tense; having muscle tightness or body aches. 
~ Having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep or getting up. 
~ Not being able to sit still; Feeling edgy, restless, or jumpy. 
~ Stomach problems, nausea. 
~ Reoccurring headaches, migraines, dizziness.   
~ Sudden changes in appetite, often changing of weight gain/loss. 


If you're experiencing some of the above you may also be suffering with some form of anxiety, and you don't have to suffer in silence with it, you're not as alone as you may think ♡









"How long is forever?"
"Sometimes, just one second." 

~ Alice and the White Rabbit 




No comments:

Post a Comment